Thursday, December 9, 2010

South Africa Baby!

Well, after a couple of weeks of "being in the works", it has now become official. Grace and I will be taking the college small group from our church to South Africa at the end of June. We will be meeting up with our good friend Isaiah Porter, who is currently volunteering for one year at the Indawo Yethemba Children’s Village in Durban, South Africa.  There we will be putting on a camp for local kids, teaching them about Jesus and learning a lot in the process. It is really amazing and a blessing that we go to Avalon Church, which has such strong convictions about sending people out in the world so Jesus' name can be known. We have a lot of money to raise. $1,600.00 per person to be exact. If you would like to donate, click here. I am sure I will have a lot more to say on the subject, but I am just so excited I had to get this initial feeling down. Thank you Jesus for even giving this opportunity!

1 comment:

  1. i love it man just reading this got me so so pumped 2 should skype soon so so u can fill me in on the meeting

    ReplyDelete